This dress is part of a series that I did that connects a mother to a daughter. I had the dress all worked out how it would go. The dress had another thing in mind. The work fought against me the whole time. The dress did not respond to the dye in the manner that I wanted it to. Every attempt seemed to make matters worse. At one point I was holding a spray bottle full of Kool-ade in one hand and an iron in the other hand, trying to force the dye to set right. In complete frustration, I threw the dress in a salt bath, and left it there. A week later, when I wasn’t emotionally tied to my mistakes, I pulled out this beautiful dress with the two halves wrapped around itself. It had physically changed, never to return to its original state.